Small Business Survey Results Release Party
Thursday, October 5th at 6:30pm
The waiting is over! Join us to hear the key findings from our extensive survey of 124 small businesses and nonprofits along the Ave. This successful survey was completed by Steinbrueck Urban Strategies with volunteer help from our self-organized small business association, and without support from the city.
At the event, we will present the results of the survey, hear from local business owners, and learn about next steps to protect endangered businesses. The impact study is an essential, first step in crafting real, data-driven solutions that will help keep the U District community together, on the “Ave”, and throughout our district.
Here’s what we have accomplished so far:
- Fall ’16 - Formed a nonprofit organization of fellow small business owners
- Winter ’17 - Negotiated a delay of the rezone along the Ave
- Spring ’17 - Raised thousands to study the impacts to small businesses
- Summer ’17 - Conducted a survey of hundreds of small businesses along the Ave
- Fall ’17 - Presentation of survey results and key resolutions
The unique small businesses and nonprofits are the heart of our U District community, and without them, the character and identity of the neighborhood is at risk. Long-time favorites, including many legacy and minority-owned businesses, are on board, pushing to ‘Save the Ave’. We greatly appreciate your continued support.